We were happy to have Mano a Mano staff and volunteers featured on yesterday’s Unitel TV Telepaís Central Cochabamba segment as “cochabambinos de oro!”
Full Segment and Link on Unitel TV
The Mano a Mano segment from the October 12th, 2023 Telepaís Central Cochabamba show starts at the 58:44 mark; here is the link to the show on Unitel’s website.
Unitel TV Segment: Cochabambinos de Oro – Voluntarios de Mano a Mano
Mano a Mano is 5 Counterpart Organizations
This TV segment was filmed at Mano a Mano’s hangar at the Cochabamba airport and features the distribution of medical supplies, mobility equipment, and other in-demand items by Mano a Mano’s dedicated staff, volunteers, and Board members to rural Bolivian communities in need. Transporting them by plane turns travel that could take days into just a few hours.
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 3 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care:
- emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment;
- weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care;
- transport hundreds of thousands of pounds of cargo (including medical supplies and mobility equipment sent from Minnesota) on an annual basis. Mano a Mano Aviation’s emergency program has airlifted more than 4,500 patients to life-saving care in urban hospitals since the program began in 2005.
All of the supplies seen in the video are collected by Mano a Mano International Partners in St. Paul, Minnesota and shipped to Bolivia, where our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Internacional organizes them for distribution to people and organizations in need throughout the country at our warehouse in El Abra, Cochabamba; these distributions include transport to more distant communities by Mano a Mano plane (our Cessna Caravan featured in the video just marked its 5th anniversary since being purchased by Mano a Mano in Minnesota and flown to Bolivia by Mano a Mano Aviation pilots in mid-2018). Not featured in this video, but no less deserving of recognition, are Mano a Mano’s 2 other counterpart organizations Mano a Mano Bolivia and Mano a Mano Nuevo Mundo (we are 5 counterpart organizations in total – 4 in Bolivia and 1 in Minnesota).
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Projects and Programs
- What Does Mano a Mano Do?
- 2022 Annual Report
- Mano a Mano’s Network of Health Clinics in Bolivia Had 605,760 Patient Visits in the First Half of 2023
- Traveling to Peru For Well-Drilling Parts – to Be Able to Complete Water Projects in Bolivia
- 155,040 Pounds of Supplies and Equipment Sent from Minnesota to Bolivia So Far in 2023
- Mano a Mano Volunteer Grace Shares Her Experience with Mano a Mano Internacional in Bolivia from June-August 2023
- Transporting Teachers To Their Schools in the Bolivian Tropics