In addition to partnering on specific projects, we have believed from the beginning that it is extremely important for the majority of our staff to be Bolivian and based in the country where we are building projects (Bolivia). Along with Mano a Mano International Partners, our US-based nonprofit (501(c)3 status), Mano a Mano has also created 4 fully-formed nonprofits based in Cochabamba, Bolivia that plan and execute all of our projects throughout the country. All of our staff and board members in Bolivia are Bolivians. We simply would not be able to do the work that we do without them! Mano a Mano’s organizational structure consists of 5 nonprofits:
- Mano a Mano International Partners (US Office)
- Mano a Mano Bolivia (Health and Education)
- Mano a Mano Nuevo Mundo (Roads and Water)
- Mano a Mano Apoyo Aereo (Aviation)
- Mano a Mano Internacional (Administrative Support in Bolivia)
Mano a Mano International Partners is our US office and is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization registered in Minnesota and the US (click here for contact information and directions); it was founded in 1994. We focus on 5 main program areas:
- Fundraising for our projects and programs in the US and Bolivia
- Collecting and shipping donated surplus supplies from Minnesota to be distributed to our projects in Bolivia
- Research & evaluation of our projects and programs
- Organizing volunteers to work with Mano a Mano and organize trips to Bolivia
- Education & outreach to help spread the word about Mano a Mano and expand our reach
Please note that if you are considering making a donation, Mano a Mano International Partners is the only Mano a Mano organization that is a registered 501(c)3 organization in the US. We can only guarantee that your donation is tax-exempt, send donation acknowledgement letters, and ensure that your donation is tracked and used for its intended purpose, for donations made to Mano a Mano International Partners. If you are considering a donation somewhere that has different address or contact information than what is listed above, please know that it is not affiliated with Mano a Mano International Partners. If you are interested in supporting a specific project (clinic, school, road, water project, container shipment, etc.), your donation can be designated for any project of your choosing and we will restrict your funds for a project in that specific area of choice.
Below are Mano a Mano’s 4 counterpart organizations that are legally registered in Bolivia and implement our various projects in-country:
Mano a Mano Bolivia focuses on health and education projects, including building health clinics and schools, and was founded in 1999.
Mano a Mano Nuevo Mundo focuses on building road and water projects, and was founded in 2005.
Mano a Mano Apoyo Aereo focuses on our aviation program, primarily emergency air rescues and transport, and was founded in 2006.