Intern with Mano a Mano
Mano a Mano International Partners is always looking for committed interns to help out at our St. Paul office! Mano a Mano is an international nonprofit which works through a large network of Mano a Mano Bolivian counterparts and communities to alleviate poverty in South America’s poorest nation.
The projects implemented throughout rural Bolivia include sectors such as health, education, economic development/water provision, and aviation. Please read through the rest of the website for a more complete introduction to Mano a Mano.
Responsibilities (what you do depends on your skills and areas of interest):
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment and updating
- Designing promotional and communications materials
- Planning volunteer events and working with Mano a Mano volunteers
- Spanish/English translation of reports and materials
- Helping with pickups of donated supplies around the Twin Cities
- Helping with outgoing and incoming mail
- Answering phones and email inquiries
- Assisting with grant and report writing
- Working on research projects
- Updating Salesforce database of donor and volunteer activity
- Ability to commit to 10 or more hours per week for a time period of 2 months or more (schedule is extremely flexible)
- Dynamic and creative contribution to Mano a Mano events and office management
- Ability to assist with one or two events on a weekday evening or weekend
- Enthusiasm for development in Latin America and nonprofit organizations
- Positive attitude
Vision: to create infrastructure capacity throughout Bolivia’s rural areas that will increase life-span and expand opportunities for sustainable economic development.
If you are interested please contact Nate Knatterud-Hubinger ([email protected] or 651-457-3141).