We are sincerely grateful to you and the many people that all work together – Mano a Mano, Hand in Hand – to transform the health and well-being of Bolivian communities in need.
Together, We Have Partnered with Bolivian Communities on Many Projects in 2022
With your dedicated support, we have accomplished the following so far this year:
- Shipped 9 containers with 220,704 pounds of medical supplies and equipment from Minnesota to Bolivia, where they are given to people in need throughout the country. We also regularly distribute to other nonprofits and individuals in the Twin Cities.
- Completed 4 new clinics (Guadalupe, Estaño Colorado, Villa Nueva, San Rafael) and a new school (Chirusi Rosario), with multiple other school and clinic projects in process. Mano a Mano’s network of 178 clinic projects in Bolivia had 559,439 patient visits in the first half of 2022.
- Provided emergency transport for 116 people (4,507 emergency flights since our aviation program began), provided flights for volunteer medical professionals for 17 weekend health clinics, and transported 262,900 pounds of cargo in the first 6 months.
- Completed 6+ deep water wells providing access to potable water, along with progressing on Mano a Mano’s large Punata Regional Complex that includes a reservoir, road, 6-story water tower, airport, school, and other projects over the next few years.
- Provided 1,400 hours of training workshops to 2,071 farmers & students through our Center for Ecological Agriculture in Cochabamba, where people learn methods to improve food security and nutrition in their communities. We also provide training and education for many other professions (health, physical therapy, mechanics, etc.).
- We will share a more detailed Annual Report for 2022 in early 2023 after we receive year-end reports for our programs.
How You Make a Difference
Your donation provides the seed money that kickstarts every water, health, education, agriculture, transportation, and training project that communities are asking Mano a Mano to partner with them so that they can improve their lives. (That donation can mean a financial contribution, volunteering, in-kind donation, spreading the word, buying the Mano a Mano book or crafts, etc.) As our staff in Bolivia will say to explain our partnership model and how we work, the first dollar donated from you, our donors, is “photocopied” by Mano a Mano to add additional “dollars” in support from:
- the Bolivian communities;
- their Municipal Governments; and
- Mano a Mano’s staff and volunteers, heavy equipment, and organizational infrastructure in Bolivia.
Without your first dollar there is nothing to copy. But together, we can multiply that impact and complete projects that none of us could do on our own.
We need your help to make these projects possible for the many communities that are waiting to partner with us in 2023 and beyond.