Our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Aviation was at the Cochabamba airport at 6am on Saturday, April 23rd preparing for their weekend health clinic (jornada) with 8 volunteer dentists traveling to Rurrenabaque to provide dental care for the community. We are grateful to Dra. Nohelia from Amigos da Saude for lending 2 portable dental units for the jornada.
Arriving in Rurrenabaque on April 23rd
Why We Have An Aviation Program
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 2 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care: emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment; and weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care.
103 People Received Dental Care During the Jornada
Over the 2 days of the jornada in Rurrenabaque, we were able to provide 154 dental treatments for 103 people.
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program in Bolivia
- Providing Emergency Flights for 61 People and Transporting 74,300 Pounds of Cargo (First 3 Months of 2022)
- Skydiving From the Mano a Mano Plane
- Providing Emergency Flights and Weekend Health Clinics: Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program in 2021
- Volunteer Spotlight: Dra. Carmen Duran Providing Weekend Dental Care in Rural Bolivia
- Mano a Mano Technical Training Programs for Construction and Aviation
- New Trailer: “Pilot of Hope” Documentary
- Marking the Completion of the Toro Toro Airstrip on May 21st, 2021
- Donating Medical Supplies by Plane in Baures and Two Hospitals in Oruro
- Providing Air Transport from San Borja to Cochabamba for Oscar
- Recent Mano a Mano Emergency Flights – May 2021
- 3 Years With a Cessna Caravan: Improving the Capacity of Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program in Bolivia
- Weekend Health Clinics – November 2021
- Finding Chairs to Provide Dental Care During Weekend Health Clinics in Rural Bolivia
- A Look Back At What We Did Together in 2021 – Mano a Mano 2021 Annual Report