During the week of July 31-August 6, our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Internacional hosted workshops on Sustainable Gardening and Physical Therapy for dozens of Bolivian University students.
These continuing education and training workshops complement Mano a Mano’s community development projects built in partnership with Bolivian communities.
Training in Sustainable Gardening
Physical Therapy Workshop for 32 Students from San Simon University
Thanks to Mano a Mano Volunteers Grace and Lasse!
Thanks to Mano a Mano volunteers Grace and Lasse, who are spending a few months with our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Internacional! As part of their time, they are putting together weekly newsletters providing a snapshot of the many activities going on at Mano a Mano Internacional – through the CEA, physical therapy program, and medical supply distribution program.
Grace bio: Grace Jones is a volunteer in the Ingram Scholars Program, a program dedicated to cultivating a lifelong commitment to addressing societal problems. Grace is driven by sustainable community development rooted in the community’s voice. She is working with Mano a Mano International through August before returning to Nashville, TN, to attend Vanderbilt University. (Grace returned to the US this week; thank you for all of your work with Mano a Mano!)
Lasse bio: Lasse Heuner is a volunteer from Xanten, Germany. Lasse is interested in sustainability and development. He will stay until mid-August before returning to Germany to start studying mechanical engineering.
More Updates from Grace and Lasse in Recent Months
- Containers From Minnesota Arrive in Bolivia
- Students, Sheep, & Supplies – How Mano a Mano is Developing the Next Generation
- Donating Medical Supplies and Equipment to Municipality of Vacas in Cochabamba
- Local Students Tour the Center for Ecological Agriculture in Cochabamba
- Hosting our 6th Physical Therapy Workshop for 25 Bolivian Medical Professionals – June 30,2023
- New Baby Llama Born at the Mano a Mano CEA in Cochabamba
- Recent Weekend Health Clinic in San Lorenzo, Bolivia