Volunteer Times and Our Next Shipping Dates
Mano a Mano will be making our first shipment of supplies of 2020 from our St. Paul warehouse to Bolivia on March 6-7! In preparation for that shipment, come join us to share a bowl of soup and then help us get supplies prepared to ship. Our Volunteer Warehouse Manager Ray has set up 2 times in late February to share a meal, chit chat, and volunteer. (Thanks Ray!)
You are welcome to join us on the following dates:
- Thursday, February 27th, 5:30pm-8:00pm. Soup served at 5:30, and sorting will begin at 6:00pm
- Saturday, February 29th, 9:00am-Noon. Pizza at noon if you want to stay longer.
Other Upcoming Events in the Twin Cities
- February-March – Andean music duo, Ina Yukka, is performing music of the Andes and teaching typical Andean dances at Wellspring Wednesday evenings at Unity Church in St. Paul during February and March. Their interactive presentations begin at 7:45pm and end at around 8:30pm. On the evenings of February 19 and 26 this mother-son duo will focus on Bolivian music and dance. Visit the Unity Church website for more information.
- March 6-7 – Loading 2 Containers For Shipment to Bolivia
- March 10 (6:30-8pm) – Mano a Mano Speaker Series Documentary Viewing: A Towering Task: The Story of the Peace Corps
- March 13-22 – Mano a Mano Trip to Bolivia with Co-Founder Segundo Velasquez
- April 14 (6:30-8pm) – Mano a Mano Speaker Series with Segundo Velasquez: What Does It Take To Complete Mano a Mano Projects?
First Shipment of 2020
This March shipment will be our first shipment of supplies sent in 2020. In 2019, Mano a Mano shipped 9 40-foot containers filled with 203,747 pounds of donated supplies and equipment from St. Paul to Cochabamba. These supplies are distributed to people & organizations in need throughout Bolivia.
Recent Distributions of Supplies in Minnesota & Bolivia
Here are a few recent distributions made by Mano a Mano in the past few months:
- Distributing Mobility Equipment in the Twin Cities. On Saturday, February 1, 2020 Mano a Mano donated 162 pieces of mobility equipment and medical supplies to people in need in the Twin Cities. The items ranged from glucometers and blood pressure cuffs to canes, shower chairs, and commodes. The estimated total value of these supplies is $16,000. This project was a collaboration with Twin Cities-area physical therapists to help distribute mobility equipment to some of their clients that have difficulty acquiring needed items. Thank you to the many social workers and physical therapists that stopped by on Saturday, and to everyone that helped make this project possible!
- 2019 Summary of Distributions in Bolivia. In 2019, Mano a Mano shipped 9 40-foot containers filled with 203,747 pounds of donated supplies and equipment from St. Paul to Cochabamba. These supplies are distributed to people & organizations in need throughout Bolivia. 232 organizations in Bolivia received supplies and equipment from Mano a Mano last year.
- Supplies Shipped From Mano a Mano Have Arrived in Honduras. In early January 2020, Mano a Mano loaded 30 gaylords of mobility equipment at our St. Paul warehouse to take to MSP airport, where they would begin their journey to Honduras. These supplies have now arrived! Edwards Air Force Base, where the supplies were transported from, wrote an article about the shipment, which you can read at the link above.