On Saturday, September 10th a group of volunteer medical professionals arrived at the Cochabamba airport to travel to Rurrenabaque on the Mano a Mano plane for a weekend health clinic (jornada).
At the Rurrenabaque airport, a delegation from the Municipality traveled with Mano a Mano by bus to the community of Nuevos Horizontes, 45 minutes away. We were grateful for the hospitality shown by the Municipality, which provided lodging at a small hotel and food for our group of volunteers.
Focusing on Dental Care in this Jornada
The community was grateful for the weekend health clinic, telling us that they don’t have the resources to pay for dental care.
And Mano a Mano is grateful to the many people involved that make projects like these possible!
Why Aviation is Important in Bolivia
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 2 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care: emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment; and weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care. In many of these remote communities, it may be a 10 or 20-hour trip to the nearest available health care; by plane it is a round trip of a couple of hours – which can be the difference between life and death.
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program
- Transporting Cargo By Plane to Oromomo – September 3rd, 2022
- Providing a Weekend Health Clinic in San Borja on August 27-28
- Providing a Weekend Health Clinic in Comunidad Bermeo on August 6-7
- Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program: First Half of 2022 Report
- Halfway Through 2022: Working Together to Help Bolivian Communities
- 68,797 Pounds of Supplies and Equipment On Their Way to Bolivia This Week (August 2022)