On Saturday, September 3rd our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Aviation loaded our Cessna Caravan with 2,000 pounds of food supplies for transport to Oromomo, a small community in the Beni department. On the way back to Cochabamaba we transported a group of medical workers that had been in the area.
Aviation Program in Bolivia
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 2 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care: emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment; and weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care. We also transport cargo, including food supplies (like this recent flight to Oromomo), and medical supplies & equipment sent from Minnesota.
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program
- Providing a Weekend Health Clinic in San Borja on August 27-28
- Providing a Weekend Health Clinic in Comunidad Bermeo on August 6-7
- Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program: First Half of 2022 Report
- Halfway Through 2022: Working Together to Help Bolivian Communities
- 68,797 Pounds of Supplies and Equipment On Their Way to Bolivia This Week (August 2022)