Please see attached invitation for our next durable medical equipment donation event at Mano a Mano this Saturday, January 15th from 9am-10:30am. Our local donation program is to help individuals who lack insurance coverage or the financial means to obtain durable medical equipment commercially.
Please be as specific as possible with requests (including user’s approximate height/weight, if relevant) to minimize the number of back and forth emails required for clarity. Please commit (or ask the recipient/caregiver to commit) to picking up the equipment on the event date. We had a lot of no-shows for the December event.
- WHEN: Saturday, January 15th from 9am-10:30am
- WHERE: Mano a Mano International, 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104 (outside in the parking lot, in COVID-safe conditions)
- Equipment Readily Available: walkers, rollators, crutches, canes, raised toilet seats, commodes, shower chairs, tub benches, bed rails, glucometers
- Specialized Equipment in Limited Supply: wheelchairs, beds, lifts
Sending Medical Supplies & Equipment to Bolivia
The majority of the donated supplies and equipment we receive at our Minnesota warehouse is shipped to Bolivia. In 2021, we sent 7 40-foot containers with 180,180 pounds of supplies from Minnesota to Bolivia. But we are happy to partner with other organizations when we have excess supplies, items that we cannot send to Bolivia, or items that are not the highest priority for our programs. Ultimately, we want to keep these supplies out of the landfill in Minnesota, and get them to people in need.
Learn More About Our Recovered Resources Program
- A Look Back At What We Did Together in 2021 – Mano a Mano 2021 Annual Report
- Containers Leaving Our Minnesota Warehouse & Containers Arriving at Our Bolivia Warehouse
- Mobility Equipment for Global Links
- Donating Medical Supplies for Hospitals in Cochabamba
- What Happens to Medical Donations We Can’t Ship to Bolivia?