In 2020, Mano a Mano shipped 7 containers with 175,777 pounds – 87+ tons! – of medical supplies, mobility equipment, and other items to Bolivia for distribution to people and organizations in need throughout the country. Supplies sent from Mano a Mano International in St. Paul, Minnesota go to our counterpart Mano a Mano Internacional in Cochabamba, Bolivia, which are then distributed by Mano a Mano Internacional to organizations throughout Bolivia. Our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Bolivia picked up a truckload of medical supplies and equipment from Mano a Mano Internacional in late February 2021, for distribution to Mano a Mano’s network of clinics and other organizations that Mano a Mano Bolivia partners with.
- 46 2nd & 3rd Level hospitals
- 51 public health clinics
- 326 Mano a Mano clinics
- 197 donations to individuals in need
- 41 to various other organizations (such as jails, police & firefighter units, and long-term care facilities)
Mano a Mano Internacional (in Cochabamba) distributed supplies to 291 organizations in Bolivia last year. Mano a Mano International (in St. Paul) also helped provide supplies locally in the Twin Cities and to organizations working in other countries, including Honduras, El Salvador, and Cameroon. Thanks to the many people in Minnesota and Bolivia that work so hard to make these shipments possible!
Five Counterpart Organizations, One Mission
Mano a Mano is made up of 5 counterpart organizations – 1 in St. Paul, Minnesota and 4 in Cochabamba, Bolivia – each with their own areas of focus, Boards, staff, and volunteers. We all work together with the same mission: to create partnerships with impoverished Bolivian communities that improve health and increase economic well-being.
Mano a Mano Projects in 2020: Working Around the Pandemic
2020 was a very difficult year, but despite the challenges Mano a Mano continued with our mission of creating partnerships with impoverished Bolivian communities to improve health and increase economic well-being. Learn more about each of our major programs and its work last year at the links below:
- Providing Access to Health and Education in Bolivia in 2020
- Flying in Bolivia During COVID: Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program in 2020
- Mano a Mano 2020 Water Projects: Working Around the Pandemic
- 2020 Summary of Medical Distributions in Bolivia
- Building Roads and Runways, Training Heavy Equipment Operators, and Dredging Rivers: Community-Based Economic Development Projects Completed in 2020
- Hydroponic Lettuce, Fodder, and Livestock at the CEA: Agricultural Experiments in 2020