Upcoming Mano a Mano Events: May-September 2018
We have posted this week about a few events, so here’s a quick recap of upcoming Mano a Mano events:
- May 17th – Joseph Caswell and Trio Luminoso performing a FREE concert at the St. Paul Conservatory of Music
- May 29th – CANCELED. Our monthly speaker series event for May has been canceled, but has already been rescheduled for October 9th. Check below for more information about upcoming speakers.
- June 12th – Tom Kenote, working towards his MS in Natural Resources Science & Management, will be discussing “Indigenous Phenology” as part of our monthly speaker series at Mano a Mano (details below).
- September 11th – Nate Zwonitzer from Capitol Region Watershed District will be speaking at Mano a Mano as part of our mothly speaker series.
- September 16th – Mano a Mano’s 9th Annual Event
- October 9th – Caroline Doenmez will be discussing “Empowering Indigenous Women During the Birthing Process” as part of our monthly speaker series at Mano a Mano (details below).
Upcoming Speaker Series Events on May 29th (CANCELED), June 12th, September 11th, and October 9th
Dr. Katrina Phillips’ talk on April 10th was the second in our ongoing series of talks and discussion on “indigenous peoples and their environments.” We at Mano a Mano want to engage with researchers and practitioners working with indigenous peoples on development and environmental issues. Our goal is to share and learn from each other and to support the indigenous peoples we serve.
Our next speaker is coming up on June 12th:
- Tom Kenote, working towards his MS in Natural Resources Science & Management and is from the Omaeqnomenewok (Menominee Nation), and the Lac Courte Oreilles band of Anishinaabe in Wisconsin “Indigenous Phenology” – Indigenous Communities and their environment Series – Tuesday, June 12 at 6:30p
- Caroline Doenmez, MA, Human Rights Studies/Native Studies, Works at American Indian Studies & Anthropology Departments at the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts – “Empowering Indigenous Women During the Birthing Process” – Indigenous Communities and their environment – RESCHEDULED for Tuesday, October 9 at 6:30p
- We will provide information about upcoming speakers as we get closer; there may be events in July & August as well, but nothing is scheduled currently.
All of our talks take place at Mano a Mano (925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104).
Please RSVP with Carmen (email@example.com or 651-457-3141).