Nice pictures from our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Bolivia’s 5th Course of Advanced Trauma Support that took place earlier this month in Cochabamba! This workshop was a combination of theory and practical sessions for Bolivan medical professionals, with certification upon completion.
These more advanced collaborative courses complement Mano a Mano Bolivia’s more frequent basic health education workshops, and are in partnership with:
- Medical Educators For Latin America – MELA
- Mayo Clinic
- Sociedad Científica Boliviana de Medicina General Filial Cochabamba
- the workshops are endorsed by the Colegio Médico de Quillacollo
Providing Health Education is a Critical Component of Our Health Programs in Bolivia
A critical component of Mano a Mano’s health programs in Bolivia is to provide health education: to communities through weekend health clinics providing basic services; to Mano a Mano’s clinic staff through continuing health education workshops; and to medical professionals from other organizations. These programs are managed and administered by Mano a Mano Bolivia, and serve a complementary role to the construction of community clinics throughout rural Bolivia. In 2022, Mano a Mano Bolivia hosted 17 health education workshops for 1,032 attendees.
Pictures from 5th Course of Advanced Trauma Support in Cochabamba – November 2023
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Health Programs in Bolivia
- 14th Acute Care Conference on April 26-28, 2023 – Continuing Health Education in Bolivia
- Mano a Mano’s Network of Health Clinics in Bolivia Had 605,760 Patient Visits in the First Half of 2023
- Providing Access to Healthcare and Education: Mano a Mano Bolivia 2022 Report
- What Does Mano a Mano Do?
- A Look Back At What We Did Together in 2022 – Mano a Mano 2022 Annual Report