Help Ship 4 Containers From Minnesota to Bolivia February 9-11
Mano a Mano is loading 4 40-foot containers with up to to 100,000 pounds of donated medical supplies, and we need your help!
If you are interested in helping out, please contact Carmen ([email protected] or 651-457-3141). We especially need help for the February 9th shifts.
If you are unable to volunteer but would like to help, please consider making a donation to help cover shipping costs. You can donate here.
- WHEN – February 9-11, 2017 (lunch will be provided from 12p-1p)
- February 9 is 2 shifts: 9a-12p and 1p-5p
- February 10 is 2 shifts: 9a-12p and 1p-5p
- February 11 is morning shift only: 9a-12p or until finished
- WHERE – Mano a Mano Office/Warehouse, 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104 (click here for a map)
- WHAT – Loading 4 containers with donated medical supplies for distribution to people & organizations throughout Bolivia
Why Shipping Supplies is Important
Mano a Mano was founded more than 20 years ago with the goal of saving surplus medical supplies from the landfill in Minnesota and shipping them to Bolivia, where we knew these supplies were desperately needed and could be used immediately.
The surplus program continues to be an integral part of our programs; watch the video below to learn more about the program and see the distribution of supplies in Bolivia from a recent shipment:
Other Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities at Mano a Mano
You are welcome to stop by Mano a Mano (925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104) to volunteer and help sort & pack donated medical supplies; these upcoming volunteer times are ‘Soup and Sort’ sessions where a meal is provided and then we work for about 2 hours afterwards.
There are 2 scheduled volunteer opportunities coming up:
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
You are welcome to come at any time in those windows, for as long or as short of a time as you’d like. If you have any questions please contact Carmen – [email protected]
All upcoming events and volunteer opportunities are posted on our Events Calendar as well.