Getting Ready For Our Distribution Event in Cochabamba Tomorrow
Mano a Mano staff & volunteers have been busy preparing for our large-scale distribution of donated supplies tomorrow, October 8th – the first of two planned distributions this month (the second one will be October 22nd) where more than 40 hospitals & health care organizations will travel to Cochabamba to receive tens of thousands of pounds of supplies.
It is a long road to get to this point – most of these supplies were shipped from our Saint Paul, Minnesota warehouse in September 2015 – but these supplies will now be distributed throughout Bolivia, and make a big difference in the lives of thousands of people.
Pictures of Volunteers Sorting Supplies in Bolivia – September 2016
Read more about the preparation of these supplies HERE.
Distributing Supplies in Bolivia – November 2015
HERE are pictures from our last distribution event in November 2015 where more than 40,000 pounds were distributed at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia. The two upcoming distributions on October 8th and 22nd are the first two distributions that will take place at our new distribution space in the Center for Ecological Agriculture.
The video below is taken from the November 2015 distribution:
More Information About Mano a Mano’s Distribution Program
Our surplus distribution program is the program that started Mano a Mano more than 20 years ago; the program focuses on collecting supplies in the Twin Cities area and distributing them in Bolivia. You can learn more about the surplus distribution program at any of the following links:
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Unloading 99,000 Pounds of Supplies in Bolivia, March 2016.
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.
Support the Mano a Mano Distribution Program
If you are interested in supporting Mano a Mano’s distribution program (our Minnesota warehouse is filling up fast with donated supplies, and we are hoping to make one more shipment to Bolivia before the end of the year), you can MAKE A DONATION HERE.