Volunteer Opportunities at Mano a Mano: January-April 2016
Interested in helping reduce waste in Minnesota while making a difference in thousands of Bolivians’ lives?
You are welcome to stop by Mano a Mano (925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104) to volunteer and help sort & pack donated surplus supplies; these times are ‘Soup and Sort’ sessions where a meal is provided and then we work for about 2 hours afterwards.
Volunteer Opportunities 2016:
- Tuesday, January 26th, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, February 9th, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, February 23rd, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, March 8th, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, March 22nd, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, April 12th, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
- Tuesday, April 26th, from 5p-8p (meal at 5p, sorting from 6-8p)
You are welcome to come at any time in those windows, for as long or as short of a time as you’d like. If you have any questions please contact Carmen – [email protected].
Come In At Your Own Time By Yourself Or With a Group
We are also happy to set up other times – whether for you on your own or for a group. Please email Carmen ([email protected]) with the times that you are interested and we will try to make it work.
Why Sort Supplies?
Mano a Mano was founded 21 years ago with the goal of saving surplus medical supplies from the landfill in Minnesota and shipping them to Bolivia, where we knew these supplies were desperately needed and could be used immediately.
We have grown to now building infrastructure projects in partnership with rural Bolivian communities (more than 300 projects to date), but the surplus distribution program remains a critical component of our programs in Bolivia, while also reducing waste in Minnesota.
In 2014 we shipped more than 100,000 pounds of supplies from Minnesota to Bolivia, with the help of many volunteers! Our most recent shipment of 4 40-foot containers, loaded with 96,000+ pounds of surplus supplies, was loaded at our office in September, and more than 40,000 pounds of supplies were distributed at an event at the Mano a Mano hangar in mid-November 2015.
We hope to see you at Mano a Mano!