As part of our aviation program, Mano a Mano recruits medical professionals to spend a weekend providing healthcare in rural areas with limited access to healthcare. Three to eight volunteers, along with a pilot, fly to a prearranged airstrip location on an early Saturday morning, and return home the next day. Mano a Mano Aviation hosted recent weekend health clinics in Laguna Sulti and Poza Honda.
Laguna Sulti Weekend Health Clinic – October 1st
Laguna Sulti Weekend Health Clinic – Photos
Poza Honda Weekend Health Clinic – October 8-9
On October 8th and 9th, medical volunteers flew on the Mano a Mano plane from Cochabamba to Poza Honda. Mano a Mano was able to provide a total of 215 dental treatments for 96 patients. We also provided some basic training and education on dental care and oral health, and donated toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Poza Honda Weekend Health Clinic – Photos
Aviation Program in Bolivia
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 2 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care: emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment; and weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care. We also transport cargo, including food supplies, and medical supplies & equipment sent from Minnesota.
- Providing a Weekend Health Clinic in Puerto San Lorenzo on September 24th
- Work Continues on Mano a Mano’s Runway at the Punata Regional Complex
- 4 Years with a Cessna Caravan: Providing Emergency Flights & Transport in Bolivia
- Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program: First Half of 2022 Report
- Halfway Through 2022: Working Together to Help Bolivian Communities