New Newsletter and Recent Blog Roundup
We just sent out an e-newsletter, which you can read here (click here for our e-newsletter archives, and to sign up).
Here are a few of our most recent blog posts that were included in the newsletter:
- Take a Video Tour of Mano a Mano’s Center for Ecological Agriculture in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Residents of Wirkini, Bolivia talk about the impact their new water reservoir is making in their community. Mano a Mano completed a new reservoir with them in October 2016.
- In mid-February, Minnesota volunteers loaded 4 40-foot containers with 85,000 pounds of donated medical supplies, which are now en route to Bolivia, where they will be distributed to people and organizations in need.
- This week, Mano a Mano volunteer Lindsay Emi wrote about a recent trip to Tapacari, where Mano a Mano has provided workshops and greenhouses to improve nutrition for rural farmers.
- Check out spotlights on 2 Mano a Mano volunteers: Libby Arnosti and Lori Wedeking. We like Lori’s answer on why she finds her volunteer work satisfying: “Mano a Mano asks people what they need. They work on what people think they need rather than being Americans who come in and say, ‘Okay, this is what we’re going to do for you.’ Mano a Mano listens to what people need rather than telling them what they need. That’s important to me.”