Mano a Mano Speaker Series: Caroline Doenmez on October 9th
The seventh talk of our Speaker Series is with Caroline Doenmez, PhD student in the Anthropology Department at the University of Minnesota. She will be discussing “Beginning Again In Our Bodies: Indigenous Women Reclaiming Birth.”
- WHAT: Mano a Mano Speaker Series – “Beginning Again In Our Bodies: Indigenous Women Reclaiming Birth” with Caroline Doenmez
- WHEN: Tuesday, October 9th from 6:30pm to 7:45pm
- WHERE: Mano a Mano International, 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104
- RSVP: Please RSVP by Email or Phone to the Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 651-457-3141)
Caroline Fidan Tyler Doenmez is a PhD student in the Anthropology Department at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, with a minor in American Indian and Indigenous Studies. Her research focuses on the reclamation of Indigenous birth practices in both Canada and the US. She received her MA from Columbia University and her BA from Smith College. She is a descendent of the Zaza Kurds in Dersim, eastern Turkey.
Upcoming Mano a Mano Speaker Series in November and December (6:30-7:45pm at Mano a Mano)
- November 13: Mano a Mano Speaker Series – Carol Klee, U of MN College of Liberal Arts, “Languages in Bolivia: Quechua Language Maintenance, Structure & Use”
- December 11: Mano a Mano Open House & Bolivian Art Display: Socialist Issues as an Inspiration for Art in Bolivia in the 1970s
Please contact us if you have any questions. We hope to see you at Mano a Mano in the coming months!