Festival 2018 Results
Thank you to everyone that was a part of our 9th Annual Fundraising Festival Event on Sunday! We raised more than $111,000! These funds will support the distribution of recovered resources donated from Minnesota, and get them to people in need throughout Bolivia. We will be able to ship at least 100,000 pounds of supplies with a conservative value of $1.5 million thanks to this event. Thanks again!
Watch the video below to see a recent distribution of supplies in Bolivia:
Pictures from Festival 2018
These events depend on the efforts of many, many people; thank you to everyone that supported our event on Sunday:
- Volunteers and Event Planning Committee Members
- Sunrise Flour Mill for providing wood-fired pizza
- Aesop’s Table for providing BBQ
- Mano a Mano Board & Staff
- Our Regular Volunteers in the Warehouse Every Week: Bobbi, David, John, Brooks, Lionel
Local Partners Present at our Event:
- Safe Water Worldwide – former 3M professionals are working to address the worldwide need for clean water; they are currently working on solar water pasteurizers out of the Mano a Mano office
- MELA (Medical Educators for Latin America) – MELA provides medical education conferences to Bolivian doctors and nurses – their upcoming conference in February 2019 will be their 10th anniversary
- Metro State – This is Mano a Mano’s 2nd year as a Community Learning Center for Social Work; thank you to our 6 interns that were a huge help for this year’s event!
- Pollinator Garden – Ellen Wold & Patricia Ohmans volunteer to maintain our garden on our lot
- Tony Schmitz – Tony builds kayaks out of the Mano a Mano warehouse, including a donation of one for Mano a Mano currently in our lobby
- Bees – Erik Wilson is a local beekeeper that maintains bees on the Mano a Mano lot
- Solar Panels from All Energy Solar – a primary goal of our surplus program is to reduce waste, and having solar panels furthers our commitment to the environment.
Impact of Mano a Mano Events
Through these events we have built a clinic, 2 schools, a water reservoir, and 100+ greenhouses; provided 300+ people with emergency flights; and shipped 282,590 pounds – more than 141 tons – of donated supplies from Minnesota to Bolivia. At least 11,000 people have been directly impacted by the results of these events.
Click the links for more information about each project:
- Year 1 (2010) – Santa Rosa Clinic – 3200 people that benefit.
- Year 2 (2011) – Pasorapa Water Reservoir – 540 people have access to water (which has now been expanded by the community).
- Year 3 (2012) – Providing emergency air rescues – 300-500 people receive emergency flights each year.
- Year 4 (2013) – Shipping supplies – shipped 76,129 pounds of supplies.
- Year 5 (2014) – Building schools in Esmeralda and Challacota – 350 students have access to education (plus teacher housing and community bathrooms).
- Year 6 (2015) – Building greenhouses in Jironkota – 104 greenhouses were built; another 80 in 2016.
- Year 7 (2016) Shipped 85,579 pounds of supplies.
- Year 8 (2017) – Mano a Mano volunteers loaded 5 containers with 120,882 pounds of donated medical, school, and other supplies, with a conservative value of $1.8 million.
- Year 9 (2018) – Raised $111,000 to ship & distribute recovered resources in 2018/2019.
Thank you to everyone that was a part of this event. We are very grateful to everyone that is a part of Mano a Mano – we couldn’t do this without you!