Mano a Mano is wrapping up a deep water well project in the community of Flores Rancho, Bolivia. This community is in the municipality of Arbieto, about 30 minutes southeast of the city of Cochabamba, and has a population of 100 families (600 people total) that will benefit from this well.
Flores Rancho is right alongside Mamanaca, and Flores Rancho residents watched with excitement as the Mano a Mano well project was dedicated there in March 2023.
Work started on this well project in earnest in October. We recently reached a final depth of 105 meters (344 feet), and water is currently flowing at a rate of 7-8 liters per second. There is still some finishing work to be done, but we are happy that this project is progressing to provide access to water for Flores Rancho.
Pictures From Flores Rancho Constuction: October-December 2023
Water Projects are in High Demand
There are currently 11 communities on our waiting list for water wells (we have 10+ communities on our waiting list for every type of infrastructure project we do), with an additional 5 communities already with signed agreements with Mano a Mano and base funding in place. As we receive more funding, we can make agreements with additional communities for future well projects that are an extremely high priority in Bolivia.
Learn More About Mano a Mano Water Projects
- Thank You For a Busy and Successful 2023!
- Traveling to Peru For Well-Drilling Parts – to Be Able to Complete Water Projects in Bolivia
- Dedicating a Deep Water Well in Villa Rosario, Bolivia (September 2023)
- Dedicating a New Water Well in Islas Malvinas, Bolivia (May 2023)
- Dedicating the Mamanaca Water Well on March 14th, 2023
- Celebrating 15 Years of Laguna Sulty Reservoir and Progress on Mano a Mano Airport in Punata (May 2023)