Thanks School Supply Sorters
Thank you to everyone that helped out at Mano a Mano last night sorting donated school supplies! These supplies will be shipped to Bolivia, where they are distributed to Mano a Mano projects and other organizations working with those in need – for example, these 10 boxes of supplies that were given to the school in Bombeo last week.
First Container Has Arrived at Mano a Mano Warehouse
This morning, the first container arrived at the Mano a Mano warehouse. This is one of 4 containers that will be loaded with more than 80,000 pounds of supplies – ranging from medical supplies like gloves and hospital linens, to school supplies (including the supplies packed last night) like crayons and notebooks, to orthopedic supplies like crutches and wheelchairs, to many other items – that will be distributed throughout Bolivia to people in need.
Help Load Containers June 2nd-4th – Volunteer Information
Please read the information below if you are interested in helping out. We hope to see you there!
- WHERE – Mano a Mano Office/Warehouse. 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104.
- WHEN – June 2-4. You are welcome to come for as short or as long as you are able.
- Thursday June 2, 9a-4p (two shifts: 9a-noon and 1-4p, with a 1-hour break from 12-1p)
- Friday June 3, 9a-4p (two shifts: 9a-noon and 1-4p, with a 1-hour break from 12-1p)
- Saturday June 4, 9a-noon (or until done)
- WHAT – preparing supplies for shipment (taping, selecting supplies to be sent, moving supplies around the warehouse in preparation for loading, inventorying and labeling supplies) and loading containers (filling the 40-foot containers with supplies; we do not waste any space!).
- THINGS TO BRING/BE AWARE OF – please wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the weather and working in a warehouse space (closed-toe shoes, clothes you’re comfortable getting a bit dirty, heavy duty gloves if you plan on loading).
- PLEASE RSVP if you plan on coming – [email protected]. We really appreciate RSVPs; we don’t want to be too crowded at any point. Feel free to contact Carmen ([email protected] or 651-457-3141) if you have any questions.
Information about Mano a Mano’s Surplus Distribution Program
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Unloading 99,000 Pounds of Supplies in Bolivia, March 2016.
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.