Donating School Supplies in Bombeo, Bolivia
On Thursday, May 19th, Mano a Mano donated 10 boxes of school supplies to the school in Bombeo – ‘Unidad Educativa Bombeo’, del distrito Tunas Vinto, de la provincia Tapacari, del departamento Cochabamba. These 10 boxes will provide supplies for 80 children.
Donations like these in Bolivia are made possible by donations made in Minnesota, which are shipped and distributed by Mano a Mano throughout Bolivia to schools, clinics, and other projects for people in need. Our next shipment – 4 40-foot containers with more than 80,000 pounds of supplies – is being loaded at our Saint Paul, Minnesota, warehouse on June 2-4.
Volunteers Needed for Container Loading June 2-4
Interested in helping load the containers? CLICK HERE for more information.
Information about Mano a Mano Surplus Distribution Program
Our surplus distribution program is the program that started Mano a Mano more than 20 years ago; the program focuses on collecting supplies in the Twin Cities area and distributing them in Bolivia. You can learn more about the surplus distribution program at any of the following links:
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Unloading 99,000 Pounds of Supplies in Bolivia, March 2016.
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.