Help Load 80,000+ Pounds of Supplies to Ship to Bolivia – June 2-4 at Mano a Mano
We need your help! Mano a Mano will be loading 4 40-foot containers with more than 80,000 pounds of supplies at our St. Paul, Minnesota warehouse on June 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. These supplies will be shipped to Bolivia, where they are distributed to Mano a Mano projects, other organizations, and individuals in need throughout the country.
Container Loading – Volunteer Times & Information (Please RSVP)
Please read the information below if you are interested in helping out. We hope to see you there!
- WHERE – Mano a Mano Office/Warehouse. 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104.
- WHEN – June 2-4. You are welcome to come for as short or as long as you are able.
- Thursday June 2, 9a-4p (two shifts: 9a-noon and 1-4p, with a 1-hour break from 12-1p)
- Friday June 3, 9a-4p (two shifts: 9a-noon and 1-4p, with a 1-hour break from 12-1p)
- Saturday June 4, 9a-noon (or until done)
- WHAT – preparing supplies for shipment (taping, selecting supplies to be sent, moving supplies around the warehouse in preparation for loading, inventorying and labeling supplies) and loading containers (filling the 40-foot containers with supplies; we do not waste any space!).
- THINGS TO BRING/BE AWARE OF – please wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the weather and working in a warehouse space (closed-toe shoes, clothes you’re comfortable getting a bit dirty, heavy duty gloves if you plan on loading).
- PLEASE RSVP if you plan on coming – email@example.com. We really appreciate RSVPs; we don’t want to be too crowded at any point. Feel free to contact Carmen (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-457-3141) if you have any questions.
Information about Mano a Mano’s Surplus Distribution Program
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Unloading 99,000 Pounds of Supplies in Bolivia, March 2016.
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.