Save the Date – Mano a Mano’s ‘Back to Our Roots’ Event on April 23rd, 2016
Come celebrate & support our surplus distribution program, a small seed of an idea that has grown into a flourishing community development organization.
- WHEN – Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
- WHERE – Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Dr, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- WHAT – Mano a Mano’s 7th Annual Mano a Mano celebration event
Silent Auction Items Welcomed
There will be a silent auction as part of the event and we are looking for items large and small. Do you have something you would like to contribute? Please contact our office.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, click the link below to check out our sponsorship packet materials. Feel free to contact us directly for more information as well.
Information about the Event
We always have a lot of fun at these events, and this year will be no different. There will be guests coming from Bolivia to attend, a silent auction, good food & drinks, live music, a book release for a recently published book about Mano a Mano (La Familia: An International Love Story), and lots of Mano a Mano friends to spend the evening with!
Information about Mano a Mano’s Surplus Distribution Program
The April 23rd event will be in support of the program that started Mano a Mano more than 20 years ago – our surplus distribution program, which focuses on collecting supplies in the Twin Cities area and distributing them in Bolivia.
You can learn more about the surplus distribution program at any of the following links:
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.
Photos from the Surplus Distribution Program over its 20+ Years
Make a Donation
If you would like to support Mano a Mano’s surplus distribution program, you can DONATE HERE.