Festival Bolivia 2016
Festival Bolivia 2016 – Back to Our Roots: Branching Out to Our MN Neighbors on April 23rd, 2016
Join Mano a Mano on April 23rd, 2016 for our 7th annual event ‘Festival Bolivia 2016 – Back to Our Roots: Branching Out to Our MN Neighbors’ at the Earle Brown Heritage Center. Come celebrate & support our surplus distribution program, a small seed of an idea that has grown into a flourishing community development organization.
Purchase Tickets Online
You can purchase tickets for the event online through our Eventbrite page or through the form below:
Purchase Tickets by Mail
If you prefer, you can also mail a check: Mano a Mano International, 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104. Please include information about what you are ordering (book release, individual tickets, tables), along with information regarding guests, any seating preferences, and any food restrictions.
- Individual tickets are $85 ($40 is tax-deductible)
- Book release pre-event tickets are $15
- Tables for 8 people are $595 (one ticket free, $280 is tax-deductible)
Please feel free to contact us directly ([email protected] or 651-457-3141) with any questions.
Information about the Event
We always have a lot of fun at these events, and this year will be no different. There will be guests coming from Bolivia to attend, a silent auction, good food & drinks, live music, a book release for a new book about Mano a Mano (La Familia: An International Love Story), and lots of Mano a Mano friends to spend the evening with!
Funds raised at this year’s event – our 7th annual event – will go towards shipping supplies from our Minnesota office to Bolivia in May/June 2016. We have more than 70,000 pounds of supplies ready to ship!
Back to Our Roots Event Schedule on April 23rd:
- 4.30pm-5.30pm – La Familia: An International Love Story Pre-Event Book Release ($15 additional charge for this book release event). Enjoy complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and be the first to hear an excerpt read by author Mary Martin from her new book La Familia, the touching story of childhood challenges, international pitfalls, and the ultimate creation of Mano a Mano. Entertainment provided by Minnetonka Woodwind Quartet.
- 5.30pm-7pm – Cocktails & Activities. Sip on cocktails and mingle with friends as you bid on silent auction items, engage in the Surplus Program interactive display, and have fun with the wine pull, photo booth, and other activities. Entertainment provided by Joseph Caswell.
- 7pm-9pm – Dinner & Program. Learn more about the Medical Surplus Program, which has engaged Minnesotans in many different ways for over 20 years. Salad: beet salad, arugula, radish, feta, citrus vinaigrette; Entree: grilled filet mignon with a dijon-caper sauce, rosemary mashed potatoes, asparagus, and caramelized pearl onions; Vegetarian Pre-Order: wild mushroom ravioli; Dessert: white cake with a raspberry filling, lemon buttercream.
- 9.15pm – After Party. Stay and visit, have a drink, partake in activities and enjoy the sounds of Trio Giovani.
Silent Auction Items Welcomed
There will be a silent auction as part of the event and we are looking for items large and small. Do you have something you would like to contribute? Please contact our office: [email protected] or 651-457-3141.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, click the link below to check out our sponsorship packet materials. Feel free to contact us directly ([email protected] or 651-457-3141) for more information as well.
Thank You to Our Event Sponsors!
Information about Mano a Mano’s Surplus Distribution Program
The April 23rd event will be in support of the program that started Mano a Mano more than 20 years ago – our surplus distribution program, which focuses on collecting supplies in the Twin Cities area and distributing them in Bolivia. All funds raised through this event will go towards our next shipment of surplus supplies – we have more than 70,000 pounds of supplies currently packed and ready to go, we just need to raise enough funds to cover the shipping costs.
- Our Story – Why We Started Mano a Mano in 1994
- Overview of the Program in 2014 – 124,220 pounds of surplus supplies were shipped from Minnesota to Bolivia
- Distribution Event in November 2015 – Distributing more than 40,000 pounds of supplies to dozens of organizations at the Mano a Mano hangar in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Distribution of 200 Wheelchairs to Bolivians in Need in December 2013 – Mano a Mano hosted the distribution of nearly 200 wheelchairs to Bolivians with disabilities, each of which was custom-fitted to every recipient.
- 10,000+ Distributions Over 20 Years – Mano a Mano has made well over 10,000 individual distributions of supplies since the program began in 1994
- Gaining Ground: A Blueprint for Community-Based International Development – Mano a Mano published a book in 2014; the book won first place in the Inspirational Book category at the Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) Midwest Book Awards in May 2015.