Our counterpart organization Mano a Mano Aviation provided a weekend health clinic on March 4th and 5th, 2023 in Potosí, Bolivia.
8 volunteer dentists participated in the weekend health clinic, and provided a total of 356 treatments to 128 people ranging in age from 3 to 60. In addition to the dental care, Mano a Mano provided discussions on how to prevent dental problems, and donated supplies for dental health.
In 2022, Mano a Mano provided transport for volunteer medical professionals for 33 weekend health clinics (482 weekend health clinics since our aviation program began).
Pictures from the Potosí Weekend Health Clinic on March 4th-5th, 2023
Why Aviation is Important in Bolivia
Mano a Mano’s aviation program has 3 primary programs working with Bolivian communities that have minimal access to health care and basic services:
- emergency rescue of ill and injured individuals, transporting them to urban hospitals for life-saving treatment;
- weekend clinics for which we transport volunteer health care professionals into remote areas to provide primary medical & dental care; and
- transporting medical supplies, mobility equipment, food, supplies, and other needed items to/from isolated communities.
In many of these remote communities, it may be a 10 or 20-hour trip to the nearest available health care; by plane it is a round trip of a couple of hours – which can be the difference between life and death.
Learn More About Mano a Mano’s Aviation Program in Bolivia
- Mano a Mano Aviation Program: 2022 Results
- Weekend Health Clinic in San Javier, Bolivia on January 28-29
- 4 Years with a Cessna Caravan: Providing Emergency Flights & Transport in Bolivia (July 2022)
- Mano a Mano Flight for Jhonatan Acosta Today (March 2023)
- Daily Work Continues on Mano a Mano Airport (March 2023)