2018 in Pictures
Check out just a few of Mano a Mano’s projects from 2018:
What We Have Done Together in 2018
In 2018, we supported Mano a Mano’s network of over 600 infrastructure projects, and continue to complete new projects that improve the lives of Bolivian communities. Together, we have:
- Shipped more than 3.5 million pounds of medical supplies & equipment from Minnesota to Bolivia (363,269 pounds in 2017 & 2018 alone).
- Built 165 clinics (including new clinics in Jatun Mayu, Candelaria, and Villa Rosario in 2018) and 62 schools, improving infant & maternal survival rates and expanding literacy.
- Built or improved more than 870 miles of roads.
- Constructed or improved 320 farm ponds; 52 surface wells in communities near rivers; 5 deep wells; and 9 large water reservoirs, providing water to more than 50,000.
- Provided emergency flights to 3,000 Bolivians.
- Provided agricultural training & technologies to more than 5,000 rural farmers. In 2018 we began constructing large community greenhouses, and we have completed over 210 greenhouses for farm families.