Happy Holidays From Mano a Mano
Mano a Mano wishes you and your family a Happy Holidays!
This has been a busy month for Mano a Mano. Here are a few recent updates:
- Our co-founder Segundo Velasquez was a finalist for the 2012 Opus Prize and Mano a Mano was given a $100,000 award!
- The Minneapolis Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press each wrote articles about the Mano a Mano in the past month
- Mano a Mano completed a water reservoir in Jusku Molle, Bolivia. The reservoir will hold 50,000 cubic meters of water and will serve 350 familes (about 2,100 people).
- Dana Dallavalle, our Mano a Mano US Office Manager, just got back from her first trip to Bolivia. She wrote about the trip here.
- We are co-teaching a class with William Mitchell College of Law in Spring 2013. This is our second year taking part in this class.
- Mano a Mano is building a demonstration and training center in Cochabamba. This center will be used to train rural farmers in best practices for the water projects that we build in their communities.
- We dedicated new clinics in Villque, Cotani Bajo, Iruma Vinto and Jironkota.